[Diabetes-Talk] re question in regards to the dexcom g5 and how to kow when the battery on teh transmitte is low or needs ot be replacd with a ew transmitter n

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 02:25:13 UTC 2017

Gary,

With my G4, I did have the transmitter die on me. I didn't realize that The receiver alarms you with one buzz or beep, but I didn't know what that meant. I thought it just wanted another blood sugar or something. Supposedly, it gives you this morning once a week closer to the time the battery is almost up. What I do now is mark my calendar to alert me when it is time to order a new transmitter. I am finally getting the upgrade to the G5, which will arrive tomorrow. I am so looking forward to being able to manage the Dexcom without scheduling calibrations and sensor changes around my children's schedules.

Hope this helps. My insurance will pay for a new transmitter every six months, but I believe the transmitter may last a little longer than that. I understand that the G5 transmitters only last for three months.

    Jamie

Sent from my iPhone