[Diabetes-Talk] Another G5 question - and, we are still waiting

TALey at ups.com TALey at ups.com
Thu Feb 23 15:40:18 UTC 2017

Bridgit,

FaceTime is a good idea for situations like this.

There is also a free app and service named Be My Eyes I've used a couple of times. You start the app and request help from the first available volunteer helper. It connects you to an anonymous person who has volunteered to be a helper on the Be My Eyes network. At that point it is like a face time call, although I'm not sure if they see you or you can see them, I think not. It seems to use the back facing camera. You can talk to them, tell them what you need, and then point the back of the phone at what you need read or analyzed. After you are done you can provide a comment about the experience. I think if you have a bad experience, they can kick that person off the helper network.

Once my helper was in New Zealand. The other time it was someone in the US.

Tom