[Diabetes-Talk] G5 mobile and airplanes

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 16:48:06 UTC 2017

Hi all!  I am traveling tomorrow via airplane and was wondering how to
manage the mobile app and iPhone on the plane.  I usually turn my phone off
until landing, but I can't be without glucose readings for that long.  Can I
just have my phone on airplane mode?  Also, I was told that I  should only
be hand patted through security-no scanners of any kind.  I thought the
full body scan was safe for the Dexcom and insulin pumps, but I guess it is
just as bad as the regular metal detector.  Between all of my devices and my
guide dog, I just need to insist  on  being patted down.  Thanks for any
suggestions.

                                                                Jamie