[Diabetes-Talk] G5 mobile and airplanes

Bernadette Jacobs bernienfb75 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 18:17:37 UTC 2017

Hi Jamie!

Too bad there isn't a way you could have your doctor fax you a note to
take with you that you can hand over at check-in or show them so that
you have a medical professional saying that this is something you must
have for survival--telling them that you are a diabetic and you must
have this equipment on and running at all times.  Bill and I did this
when we went to China and Thailand to adopt our children.  My doctor
actually wrote a script and made several copies of it.  We even had
them laminated so they wouldn't be quite so easily destroyed.  I only
had one thing happen in Thailand.  We went into one of their "Federal"
buildings to get a document for Virginia.  They went through my purse
and dumped the entire contents of my meter, and strips and lancettes
out and they all got stuck in the conveyor belt.  It was a mess.  They
had to stop the conveyor belt.  But it wasn't my fault.  I didn't dump
them.  The lady behind the desk did.  It was all on her.  Thank
goodness I had extra at the hotel.  Maybe the doctor could document
this for you VIA  email?  Just a thought.

Bern