[Diabetes-Talk] [EXTERNAL] G5 mobile and airplanes

TALey at ups.com TALey at ups.com
Fri Jun 2 05:41:31 UTC 2017

Jamie,

After you turn on airplane mode, you will see that blue tooth is automatically turned off. However, you can turn Bluetooth back on then and still be in airplane mode.

I have had no issues going through airport security with my Dexcom CGM and pump in terms of negative impacts on the devices. If I go through the regular security line I unhook my pump and send it in a bin through the scanner with the rest of my stuff, shoes, etc.

On the other hand, when I hit the airport lottery and I get a TSA precheck indication on my boarding pass, this is the line where you don't have to take off your shoes, etc. then I just leave my pump attached. No issues in either case.

It is always a good idea to check your D-devices after going through airport security though, just to make sure.

Tom