[Diabetes-Talk] new member intro

Joy Stigile joystigile at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 00:22:03 UTC 2017

Hi Alyssa,
Welcome to our list serve!  I also have type 1 Diabetes for 51 years.  I
became blind when I was 31 years old due to Having Diabetic Retinopathy.  A
few years later I became involved in the National Federation of the Blind
(NFB) and have been active ever since.

  I am on the National Board of the Diabetes Action Network (DAN) as
Treasurer Since2004.  I am from California and have been on the DAN of
California since 1994.  I am now President of DAN of California since 2005.

I am married and my husband is president of our local NFB chapter.

Warmly, Joy