[Diabetes-Talk] new supplier

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 20:15:09 UTC 2017

Because of my insurance changing to Medicare over the years, I get my
supplies from several places.  When switching to Medicare, I finally found
Edwards Health Care for my insulin pump supplies.  Their number is
888-344-3434.  I'm not sure if they supply Prodigy strips, since I get those
from a pharmacy wholesale company that I happened upon when I received a
call offering to give me a free meter.  When I told them I needed a talking
meter, they sent me the Prodigy.  It is not the Prodigy Voice, but I already
have  one of those.  Because I only work part-time, I was able to fill out a
waiver form, and my strips are of no charge.  They send me four boxes of
strips, a box of alcohol wipes and a box of lancets for their lancing device
once a month.  And,  they sent me a new meter free of charge when mine died.
Their number is 877-842-6535.  I can't find their direct number to customer
service, but the pharmacy will connect you to them when you call.  I've been
using them for almost three years now.  It was confusing at first, since the
supplies don't come from the same pharmacy each time.   Some  times it is
Oak Creek, others it is Alameda and some times Brookside.  They explained
that they are a wholesale pharmacy and ship the supplies out from their
various pharmacies each time.  I've been happy with them, and the customer
service people are extremely nice.

				Jamie