[Diabetes-Talk] Need help with Dexcom right away

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Dec 13 17:27:50 UTC 2018

I have never entered any numbers on the receiver and nobody ever issued me
an invite on clarity. I just created an account with Dexcom, which was
necessary for the regular app, entered my info and that was that.
Also, there's no such thing as not being able to enter a high number. I've
entered numbers higher than that, for sure. It's just that above 400, the
display just says high. But you can enter them for sure.
And tech support is opened 24/7 so there's never a too late for calling tech
support. I actually find some of the best staff seems to be on in the middle
of the night.
If you haven't already solved this yet, I'd close the app in the app
switcher and try coming back in again and see if that fixes the problem.
When you enter the first number, you find save. Hey, I think I know what's
happening. I wonder if you're being bitten by the VoiceOver bug here. Try
this! Enter your first number. Then look at the top of the phone for the
save button and double tap it. Then you are asked to confirm the number.
However, with VoiceOver, you may see two instances of number pads because
one of them is a ghost of the first screen. So if you're confirming by
tapping at the bottom of the phone, check closer to the top and you might
find the real one. Since I haven't used the G5 for a few months, I sure hope
I don't have those reversed. Then the second save should actually take. Give
that a snoop and let us know what happens.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407