[Diabetes-Talk] "Sugar Nation ..." Book Recommended!

Ali Benmerzouga ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 13:43:36 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this list, I have been diabetic/Type II  for 20 years (on oral medications) and I am currently reading a book that I found very thought provoking and worth reading about diabetes medications, the ADA, the Pharmaceutical companies and Doctors. My guess is that most of you have already read it since it was published in 2011. If you are a book reader and did not do so yet, here is the info about the book and some additional excerpts and ratings:

Title/Author/Year:

Sugar Nation: The Hidden Truth Behind America's Deadliest Habit and the Simple Way to Beat It by Jeff O'Connell, 2011.

“ … Every five seconds, one more person develops diabetes. Worldwide, 285 million people are affected by type 2 diabetes. Many of them have no idea. Here is the personal story of one man who has unearthed the mysteries of this global epidemic and offers hard-won practical advice for how readers can take control of their lives and combat this deadly... “

“Sugar gave rise to the slave trade; now sugar has enslaved us.”

Best Books 2018 — Goodreads Choice Awards!

Enjoy!

Have a great weekend.

Ali