[Diabetes-Talk] Regarding insulin

Daniel Chavez topdog2046 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 02:37:27 UTC 2018

Hello,
Firstly, welcome to the list. As a blind type two diabetic myself, I use insulin pens. Each pan is pre-filled, so that I just click off what units I need. Depending on the pan, one click equals one unit. So maybe see if your doctor (endocrinologist, primary care physician,) can get you insulin pens, that click for each unit.
As an added note, insulin needles that are for the insulin pens, are simple to use. They come in either four or five gauge.
Overall, I would have a talk with your doctor to determine if insulin pens would be better or not. If I understand correctly, most, if not all, insurance should cover insulin pens. But be aware that, to take the insulin you we need to click off the amount of units. In your case, for clicks (depending on the pan.)
If your doctor should get you either novalog or Humalog, for you to take four units of those, you would just click the pin for times. Hope some of this information helps, and let us know what you can find out. Good luck.