[Diabetes-Talk] Regarding insulin

Jeanette Kutash kutash-jm at comcast.net
Sun May 6 03:20:08 UTC 2018

Some doctor's offices have Nurse Educators who are trained in managing
diabetes. One of the things a nurse Educator can do is show you how to use
an Insulin Pen. Some insurance companies will only cover a pen if your
doctor states in the prescription that you are legally blind, but your
insurance carrier Customer Service Department should be able to tell you if
that is the case. If there is no problem, just tell your doctor you need a
pen, as that is the only way you will be able to measure the Insulin.

Jeanette