[Diabetes-Talk] a list of foods with nutritional facts in an easy-to-understand format?

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Sat May 19 22:26:32 UTC 2018

With my first pregnancy, I used www.directionsforme.com a lot to find out
nutrition info on food, and the site has a lot on it.Seeing AI can work
great, but I've encountered problems with both the barcode scanner and short
text and document scanner, so, I find Googling this info the best method. If
eating at a restaurant, I've found simply Googling said dish and said
restaurant works fine, and I'm a JAWS user. My Fitness Pal is a good
resource too, but it has a lot of other features that annoy me.

At the end of the day, if eating out, it's pretty much a guarantee that
caloric, fat and carb amounts are high. Even if choosing a salad, the
dressings they use are incredibly high in calories and fat. A 6-inch
sandwich from Subway is about 50 grams of carbs, which is on the low end for
eating out. So, something to be aware of. For quick access to nutrition info
when out, I think My Fitness Pal is the best bet.