[Diabetes-Talk] Blood on Test Strip

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:16:08 UTC 2018

Mary,

I'm also totally blind. It can take some practice, but, you can get there. I tend to not do the sides of my finger as I don't have much meat there, sticking to just below my pad. I poke, squeeze, pushing up as I apply pressure then do circular motions on the tip of the strip. For me, I don't often have to poke again or retest, but, I've been testing my blood sugars for more than 30 years. 15 of those, I've been blind. So, in time, you will get the swing of it.