[Diabetes-Talk] G6 issue

Ed Worrell ntnmprt at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 21:12:32 UTC 2019

Bridgit,

I agree that it would have been nice when I was a kid as well. I have had diabetes for 32 years now. I was diagnosed at the age of 5.

People need to have a back up plan in place when technology doesn’t work. I do.

Parents maybe should hold on to a baby monitor. The CGM alerts worked, place the baby monitor near the device in the Child's room and you have the same thing as relying on your phone. It seemed to me that there was a ton of pointing fingers and not enough figuring out what to do next.

I understand Dexcom needs to make sure stuff like this doesn’t happen, but technology fails, life gets in the way, etc.

 Ed W.