[Diabetes-Talk] G6 finally ordered

Doula Jarboe doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 17:55:49 UTC 2019

Hi All, I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season. Back on the
9th, my transmitter was up for replacement, and I was told I could
upgrade to the G6. Yay! Finally! So I called on the 9th and I was told
I needed a new prescription from my Doctor. I got that going and
called back on Wednesday. They went through the questions with me and
I thought things were moving forward. I was told if nobody had
contacted me within 3 business days to call them back.
 So I called on Monday, and apparently all that got recorded from
Wednesday was that I had called, nothing about questions being
answered or anything being done. So, we went through the questions
again, which by the way they are still doing the stupid only use the
receiver requirement question. Which I protested both times, the
second time the guy said they knew people were using other devices and
didn't know why that question was still being asked. On Monday it was
discovered that Dexcom for some strange reason had been billing Humana
instead of Medicare, Medicare hadn't been billed since May. So they
had to reactivate my Medicare account. Yesterday I got an email saying
my order was ready they just needed a comfirmation from me, so I
called. Went through customer service checking my documentation then
got bounced to a Medicare team person. Said person proceeded to tell
me that I would no longer be getting my supplies through Dexcom but
through Wallgreens.  By this time I felt like I was about ready to
strangle someone.  I sent a message to the Diabetes educater who works
with my endo, and apparently she knew who to call and how to get
things straightened out.  Because not too much longer after that I got
a call from Dexcom and they said I would still be ordering my supplies
through Dexcom, they didn't know where the Walgreens thing was coming
from.  So they got my order all set up and ready to go.  They didn't
place it until today, because today was when the sensors were due for
refill.  I got a call earlier and was told that my order had been
placed.  And that it should arrive within the next week.  I'm not sure
how Christmas is going to interfer with that.  Although usually once
something gets shipped from them, it gets here pretty quickly.  I have
one more G5 sensor that I will start on Saturday, and hopefully my G6
stuff will show up before that runs out.  Although, once all the run
around started happening, I had a feeling I might end up with some
downtime, unfortunately.  I swear, make any changes with this company
and it's like pulling teeth to try to get things going correctly.  I'm
so looking forward to resting my fingers and not having to worry about
taking tylenol screwing things up.
Doula