[Diabetes-Talk] travel and diabetes in public

Jeanette Kutash kutash-jm at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 14:03:20 UTC 2019

Tell them you have a descom or whatever you use. They will not accept a doctor's note, but apparently the scanners are less harmful than the metal detectors, and worst case if people tell you the dexcom should not go through a scanner, they have this stuff that they can use to check computers, shoes, and I am sure your Dexcom. It is a cloth or a roller, depending on the item and I've had them used on me with no ill effect to me or my equipment. You won't get hassled about your insulin or needles but have them where they can see them. I put them in a quart plastic bag and have no issues. Also, good protein bars can be packed in our carry on or your check-in bag.

Jeanette