[Diabetes-Talk] cencr

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:19:50 UTC 2019

Obviously, whether using Dexcom or Libre, you still have to calibrate the CGM at various points by using a traditional meter. But for me, I'm sensitive enough to my body to know roughly what my glucose levels are at any given time, especially if high or low, so, if I feel the CGM isn't accurate, I test with my Prodigy Voice above and beyond the calibration times. For example, the other night, Dexcom said I was 123, but I felt high, so I checked with Prodigy, and yes, I was actually 240. So, I had to re-calibrate Dexcom and then all was fine after about 10 minutes. But, if I don't feel Dexcom is off, I'm not going to bother sticking my finger. And for me personally, it's not often that my Prodigy and Dexcom are that far apart. Whether using a traditional meter or CGM, the real proof remains in our quarterly A1-Cs. Since I can't see the receiver, I don't even bother with it and strictly use the app on my iPhone. I usually have my phone nearby at all times, even before using Dexcom, so it's no big deal to carry it with me all the time. Plus, especially of late, I've been watching a lot of Netflix, so my phone is definitely within range, ha. I have a charger just for my bedroom so if I need to charge at night, I can, which I usually need to between Dexcom and Netflix, grin.