[Diabetes-Talk] transitioning from Animas Ping

jamielgurganus at gmail.com jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:09:49 UTC 2019

Good morning Verlyn!  Unfortunately, the only accessible pump was the
Medtronic 530G, which they allowed Animas users to switch to up until Oct.
26, 2018.  You can ask them if they will still consider giving you one, but
they were pretty clear that we had until Oct. 26 to do the switch.  Those of
us using the Animas were put in this dilemma and knew we could not use the
630 that Medtronic offered to exchange our pumps for.  I think enough of us
complained about the inaccessibility of the 630, so they allowed us to
exchange our pumps for the 530G which was discontinued in June, 2018.

Unless they still have the 530G available for you, there is no other
accessible pump.  Now, another member of our list, Veronica will talk to you
about her experience with using the Omnipod.  She has managed to figure out
a way to use it along with the Seeing AI app on her phone.  So, that may be
your only option at this point.

				Jamie