[Diabetes-Talk] further to, Gadgets or devices to help find that elusive drop of blood

Paul Magill magills at bigpond.com
Thu Feb 7 12:31:46 UTC 2019

Hi all,

While the talking meters are quite good, I find getting the test strip on to
the drop of blood can be, at times, very frustrating!

So I followed up on the new Aira service at:

https://aira.io/

and decided to download the app from the appstore on my iPhone and use the 7
day free trial to check whether the agent could see the drop of blood, and
guide me to it with the test strip.

Success!

I had jerry rigged a stand to hold the iPhone so it was looking down on the
bench where I would put my finger.

I explained to the agent what was going on, used the lancet and asked the
agent whether the drop was bigger than the head of a pin, then put the test
strip on the end of my finger, and asked for guidance to the drop.

She said things like, left a little, right a little, push it further etc,
until we made contact!

It also works with Android.

The system is not cheap, but when I can sometimes use 6 or more test strips,
and twice as many pricks, to get a single reading, it will come in handy
from time to time.  Considering, that here in Australia, the Dexcom CGM,
which I would prefer, costs over $5000 per year, so I will give the Aira
system a go for a while.  It also has nany other uses.

I am still trying to find someone to make the plastic ring I mentioned in my
initial post re this...

Regards,

Paul in Australia.