[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom update.

Doula Jarboe doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 20:07:19 UTC 2019

 Sounds like we have a party going on where Dexcom is concerned. I'm
not a happy customer right now either. So, I finally got to the point
of actually needing to place my first order of sensors. I went to my
account online and it said I couldn't order them online. My
transmitter wasn't registered or some such. It said I could request
someone to contact me. So I did that, and guess what I still haven't
been contacted. The next day I called to place an order over the
phone. Meanwhile, I'm inserting the last sensor I have. So I'm told
that I can't place my order, my Medicare has to be reinvestigated for
coverage. That this is something that happens annually. Really? This
is news to me. Call back tomorrow and we'll get your order finished.
Call back the next day, well your Medicare wasn't recognized by the
system so now it has to be done manually, that takes 7 to 10  days.
OK, what do I do about not having sensors in the meantime? I may or
may not have been able to get a complimentary sensor, but that was
never completely clear. I got a name and phone number of someone to
contact directly, which I'll try on Monday. Meanwhile, the sensor I
did have, the adhesive got screwed up and it fell out. Seems like
there's one good spot that I can use for a couple of weeks with no
problems. But then my skin gets irritated and it needs a break. I'm a
small woman, so it's difficult to move down the arm without having too
much arm movement impact the sensor staying put. And the back of my
right arm, I just don't think, and it gets moved enough that the
sensor gets knocked out. I call tech support right away, but even with
overnight shipping it probably won't get here until Monday. And once
that one is used, if I don't have some kind of resolution, I'll be
back to where I am right now. Without a CGM and relying on a normal
meter. Which is driving me nuts. I can do it, I just don't like it
very much. I'm really hoping that with the G6 whenever Medicare gets
around to covering it won't be such a pain in my posterior.  I did get
hold of my Diabetes educater and whatever they have to do doesn't seem
to involve any paperwork for my doctor.  She did get the local
representative for Dexcom involved, so maybe that will light a fire
somewhere.  But ugh!  I wish there was a smoother system, or someone
actually knew what they were doing or something.  Anyone with this
kind of experience or advice that would be really helpful.
Doula