[Diabetes-Talk] Somebody ground me, please?

sandi sjryan2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 03:23:19 UTC 2019

I lost most of my hope that NFB will come through and do something that helps. Today I attended our chapter meeting, where we heard about Washington Seminar from the young woman who was Iowa’s Legislative Director there this year. She started out telling us about the initiatives, the first one being “Gain.” She asked if anyone knew what that stood for, because she couldn’t remember. She explained it was forming a committee to work with the Access Board to make things like stoves and microwaves and, of yeah, medical devices, accessible. Then she said the thing that just made me want to pound my head on the table. She said “I don’t understand this one as much as the others, and barely talked with anyone (legislators) about it.” Can we all count to three and say “Fizzle?!?”

Hugs to you, Veronica! And maybe a few sympathetic tears as well, for all of us who work on accessibility and without much useful support!

Sandi

Sent from Mail for Windows 10