[Diabetes-Talk] Question for pump users.

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Wed Feb 13 02:58:09 UTC 2019

For me, these features gave me the most significant reduction in my total
daily amount of insulin required. The insulin on board put an end to
"stacking" and kept me from taking too much, going high, then low, and so
on. Once I enter any number, if I know something the pump doesn't, there's
always a spot in the process to increase or decrease the amount of insulin
we need.I also like the fact that if I enter a low BG and I'm also taking a
meal bolus, it can figure out how to compensate as well. That's the formula
I forget a lot or else I'm too dumb at the moment to do it right. <grin> I'm
quite happy to let the pump keep track of different correction factors for
different times. I just like not having to do the math if I'm mid
conversation with someone, out in public or something.
Of course, it would be really cool if we could actually read the food
library that's built in and get the info right there. Alas, somewhere beyond
the dish washer. <grin.>
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407