[Diabetes-Talk] what am I doing wrong?

Amber Wallenstein amber.wallens at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:54:26 UTC 2019

I was finally able to get a reading after I took a hot shower: warmed up my hands, and gave them a brisk massage. The needle had to be on the highest setting.
I didn’t get this meter through insurance.  I bought it on amazon. My insurance was going to fight with my doctor about giving me a talking meter and it was going to keep me from coming home from the hospital so I just avoided the whole insurance issue for the meter and bought one myself.  they will be covering my CGM though when I get it.
I worked with a diabetes educator and really liked her  She gave me the same tips you all did. At the time I worked with her though, I was so tired and stressed a lot of what she said didn’t register. I just wanted to go home.  It would probably be a good idea for me to go to a diabetes education class if there is such a thing.
Amber