[Diabetes-Talk] Medicare Coverage On Insulin Pumps.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Jan 4 05:11:44 UTC 2019

Alan,

I am a total and am using a discontinued Medtronic Paradigm. I know my selection is now limited since they would not let me upgrade 3 months early before they discontinued the 530 model.

Last fall, when  I spoke with Medtronics they said I could upgrade in January/February when my pump would be out of the 5 year warrantee period. However, the one thing I do believe is that these diabetic supply companies know how to milk the system for every cent they can. If they are telling me my pump has to be malfunctioning in order to get a new one, then I kinda believe them. They would love to sell me a new pump and bill Medicare.

Eileen

Eileen