[Diabetes-Talk] trying a new meter

Doula Jarboe doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 23:41:27 UTC 2019

 Not sure if it quite got hijacked. We just meandered a little. So
here's what I know so far. The accucheck guide does still use strips.
But, you can use the entire strip. Meaning that there isn't one
specific point on the strip you have to touch to get the sample
analyzed. So it sounds like it should be easier. We did one test while
I was there. It gave me a reading of 157, and my Dexcom was 152, so
pretty good. It beeps when it has the blood, which with my hearing
loss, I'm not sure how it will work. It looks like it has a diary for
saving entries and dealing with meals, and probably a lot of things I
won't really need. We also went over my sugars from my Dexcom for the
past 2 weeks, and my educater said my sugar looks really well
controled. And I'm very proud of myself, because with my guide dog, I
got to my appointment all by myself. My husband dropped me off at the
entrance of the hospital and went on to his own appointment at a
different hospital. So a big yay! for Domino and me. Now that I have
the accucheck guide home, I'm hoping I'll be able to use it on my own.
Doula