[Diabetes-Talk] trying a new meter

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Jan 10 00:55:04 UTC 2019

Good for you. When you do a finger stick with this meter, is there a way to
read the number immediately? What do you have to do to hear your reading?
And here's the other big meter question I have. Most meters beep as soon as
any blood hits the strip. This means that the testing process starts,
assuming that there will ultimately be enough blood there to complete the
test. One of the reasons I like the FreeStyle meters is because they don't
beep until they have the full amount of blood required, which is half of
what the Prodigy needs. This means that if we hear a beep, we know it's a
good test. So this is the first question I ask about any new BG meter. What
does that beep mean?
Second, good for you for getting to the appointment and for having good
control. I know I'll be very interested in hearing about your adventures.
Thanks.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407