[Diabetes-Talk] question about upgrading to the G6 with Medicare

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 02:57:11 UTC 2019

In terms of upgrading with Medicare, it depends on if you have a Medicare
Advantage plan or just Medicare. Those with an Advantage plan can upgrade to
the G6, but I was told it had to be after your transmitter expired, which is
every 3 months, not the receiver, but I could have wrong info. I was told
that when I next need to order a transmitter, I can request to upgrade to
the G6, but I have chose to stick with the G5 for now, because a friend of
mine who upgraded gave me a ton of G5 sensors, and personally, I'm not
having issues with the G5 sensors or readings in general. But once I'm out
of sensors, and it's time to switch transmittors, I do plan to upgrade.

If you have just Medicare, the upgrade is still up in the air. Dexcom keeps
changing the timeline for when straight Medicare customers can upgrade to
the G6.