[Diabetes-Talk] What do people eat to turn around a hypo

Paul Magill magills at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 29 08:23:27 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Since I got my Dexcom G5 a couple of months ago, I have become more aware of
my body's response to what I eat, and how long it takes to turn around a
hypo.

When I get the first low alert, 4.4 in our system, about 80 in the American
system, I take 3 or 4 glucose tabs, 6 grams in total, about 0.2 ounces, and
have been surprised that it seems to take about half an hour to stop the
blood glucose falling.

Sometimes, even though I have taken the glucose tabs at the first alert, the
urgent alarm at the lower level can go off before the glucose tabs cut in.

How much glucose, or something else, do people take to turn around a hypo?

All comments most welcome.

Warm regards,

Paul in Australia