[Diabetes-Talk] a few questions

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 01:35:09 UTC 2019

Amber,

First, glad things are going better.

Second, there's the Prodigy Voice and Prodigy Autocode. Sounds like you have an Autocode. Both use the exact same strips though. You can buy them on Amazon, but you should be able to get them at a pharmacy too. Is insurance covering them? I have Medicare, and it covers my Prodigy strips, and I get them from my pharmacy. But the strips work for both the Voice and Autocode.

Lastly, you can buy lancets anywhere. With a few exceptions, lancets are one-size fits all. There are traditional lancets that while they can have slightly different shapes and/or caps, they fit pretty much any lancing device. Then there are the thin, flat lancets that only fit devices specifically made for them. Some people get scripts for lancets, but they are pretty cheap. You can get them at any pharmacy, including Walmart and Target, and I'm sure you can on Amazon too.