[Diabetes-Talk] Started with my Dexcom G5 today, and a question...

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Fri May 24 17:13:14 UTC 2019

I found it helpful to pull the backing off at a slight angle. In this
regard, oh the G6 is so much easier. Here's what I do with these split tabs.
I find the first one and fold it back just a small amount. This makes it
easier to find without creaming the sticky part. After you fold the first
one back and crease it a bit, find the second little tab. You need to pull
it back and just slightly away from the other half of the backing paper.
Hope that made sense. Then you put your hand on the remaining paper and find
that little folded tab. Again, pull down and slightly way from the sticky
half. That will give you the best shot at not messing up the tape. And if
you do mess it up for awhile, welcome to the club. When I first started with
the G5, everyone just kept saying, oh no problem. I thought I was the only
idiot on the list because I really struggled not to end up with wrinkled
tape. So don't be too hard on yourself for awhile and watch for the G6. It
will make your day. <grin>
And please keep us posted. You're not doing this alone.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407