[Diabetes-Talk] pumpless

Verlyn Baldwin letsdanceintx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 05:21:35 UTC 2019

Thought I'd write a few lines to update everyone on my decision to give up
pump use and go to the insulin pens.

After conversing with several people I feel confident in having made the
correct decision for my own circumstances. I feel calm and relieved to have
come to a conclusion as it has been a difficult one to make.

My warranty would be up January 27, 2020 and therefore I did not want to
learn to use the 530 to have to go to a crap shoot from February forward not
knowing if my 530 pump were to break I would be out of luck and have to go
to the pens anyway.

One of the gals I spoke with has Type I diabetes along with her husband and
daughter. Her daughter attends a camp each year where the attendees go a
week without using their pumps and use pens. Evidently all goes quite well
during this week.
She also mentioned that the insulins have greatly improved since I was last
using a long acting prior to 2000.

I'm anxious to observe how my blood sugars will be reading on the Dexcom
this coming week as I will begin using the pens on Saturday.

As always I welcome any comments .,

Verlyn Baldwin