[Diabetes-Talk] Out and About with the Pens

Verlyn Baldwin letsdanceintx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 04:42:15 UTC 2019

Your sharing your experiences with injecting in public is encouraging. I
will give it a go!

The needles are individual and have a paper flap that is peeled off then a
cap that pulls off and one more step of pulling off a tiny tube of sorts
that covers the needle. Once the paper flap has been removed the needle is
screwed on the end of the pen and then the two protective caps are removed.
I would imagine that carrying the pen with the needle already screwed on and
still being covered with the caps would work out just fine. Once the
injection has been given replace the tiny tube like cap and place the entire
pen back in your pocket or purse, etc.
Hope this helps to better understand how the needle attaches to the pen.

I have been told that the needles are designed to fit on all the various
type of pens.

Verlyn