[Diabetes-Talk] Counting insulin doses

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Sat Oct 5 22:43:00 UTC 2019

I am not positive if all insulins come in the "pen" form.  As the long and
short acting insulins I use to be one did.  The insulin is purchased from
the pharmacy or mail order and it comes in these pens already.  You can turn
the base of the pen and there is clicking sounds made for each unit.  I am
thinking there is 300 units in each pen & 5 pens come in a box.  The needles
are sold separately and you need scripts for both of these.

As far as I know they stopped making the Count a dose as the company was
sold and the new company didn't think there was a need enough to cover the
regulations that were needed to produce this.  The  Pens came into use and
that solved a lot of the problems.

Joyce Kane
 Kane Kids Shop
https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/.../shop/Directory_Departments?store...