[Diabetes-Talk] Things to drink

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Sat Oct 12 03:24:05 UTC 2019

Hi Terry,

I have given up drinking sodas. I can’t have caffeine or it makes my heart race & keeps me up all night no matter how early in the day I drink it. I am able to drink the Lipton Pure Leaf bottled tea even though its not a decaf beverage. I get the unsweetened variety, but you could add a bit of stevia or splenda sweetener to it.

There are also all types of flavors of teas that are both decaf & caffeinated that you could make yourself & chill in the fridge and add a non-sugar sweetener as you like. Also, I’ve turned to some of the Meo brand water enhancers that aren’t the purest ingredients, but they give a nice taste to my water and they don’t add sugar. I just squeeze the bottle to put a few drops into my glass & stir it in. The water enhancers come in all types of flavors too.

Then there is the Swiss-Miss hot chocolate packets that are sugar free & have about 15 grams of carbs in a packet if you might like something like that. These are of course a hot drink.

They also sell water pitchers that you can place your own fresh fruit into a reservoir, add the water and let it sit for a time. The fruit adds flavor to the water without adding sugar. You don’t squeeze the fruit into the water. After a few days the fruit gets thrown out.

HTH.

Eileen