[Diabetes-Talk] Was just approved for a dexcom G5, help for a beginner please?

Taylor Scott taylor9209 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 13:16:43 UTC 2019

Hi guys!
Shockingly to me, I was just approved for the Dexcom G5 (even though I
was denied only a few months back), and it will be arriving today!

So, I'm trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can, because
I can't wait to try this out!

So, I have a few beginner questions naturally.

1.
Are there any things I should know ahead of time? I.E, inaccessible
parts of the iPhone app?

2.
Help inserting the sensor?
The process sounds a little scarry. lol

3.
I know this is some what subjective, but best times to change sensors
in peoples experience?
For the G5 there is a 2 hour sensor warmup time, so doing this at
night doesn't sound all that smart.
On the other hand, not being able to have access to the G5 for a few
hours in the morning doesn't sound nice either...

If anyone has any other tips, please share.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go, but thanks
for the help so far.