[Diabetes-Talk] newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic

jamielgurganus at gmail.com jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 14:42:54 UTC 2020

Hi Louise!  Unfortunately, this is a common issue with those who test so
often.  I tried everything, but I still had them until I switched to the
Dexcom G6 that doesn't require so many tests.  They recommend using the side
of your finger instead of the middle and alternate which finger gets poked.
I always had my favorite bleeders though, since the callouses do make it
harder to get a good sample.  I used a nail file to file down the callouses
too along with  good hand lotion.  I even asked my dermatologist for ideas,
but he didn't have any.  I did start using a wax machine that seemed to help
more than anything else.  I'm sure others will respond soon with other
ideas.

				Jamie