[Diabetes-Talk] newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Apr 30 19:20:21 UTC 2020

Hi Louise,

The kits that do the poking have two different kinds of tips.  The one
with the narrow hole is for fingers and the one with the wider hole from
what I've been told is for the underside fatty part of your forearm.
See if the one that diagnosed you can show you how to do the poking from
the under side of your forearm.  Lots more real estate there.  If you
read braille, use of the forearms won't endanger your reading ability.
When I have finger pokes done my index fingers are off limits for that
reason.