[Diabetes-Talk] re a good tutorial or introduction on how to use rapid acting insulin as i have just been place on it for the first time

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:11:09 UTC 2020

OMG, they just told you to take 30 units a day without any specific
protocol? Um, sorry, but you need a new endo. This is absurd. I've never
heard such a thing. If they want you taking a carb/insulin ratio after
meals, there needs to be a specific amount. Like for every 15 grams of
carbs, you take a unit. But this varies from person-to-person. I have a
different carb/insulin ratio for morning, noon, afternoon and evening. It's
not just about weight and BMI and long-acting insulin. It depends on how
your body absorbs carbs and insulin, and this varies greatly
person-to-person.