[Diabetes-Talk] Medtronic miniMed 740G

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 18:02:00 UTC 2020

Jamie,

Agree with everything you say. I prefer a pump, but now that we have moved,
I don't have access to people like I did before for if and when I needed
sighted assistance. Since the warranty will be up soon on my 530G, I figured
I might as well transition off of it now. I was hesitant to go back to pens,
but so far, things are pretty even-keeled. I will say, the InPen is cool, a
fun novelty, but I don't really see it being better than a traditional pen.
In order for InPen to calculate doses and make recommendations, I have to
manually enter info. Which seems counterproductive. And I have InPen paired
with Dexcom, but all this gets me is an average BG showing up on InPen,
nothing more. Since I am already entering carbs and doses and exercise on
Dexcom, I quit entering this info on InPen, because I don't want to have to
enter the same info twice on 2 different platforms. Anyway, if Medtronic's
or Tandem's apps are accessible though and allow users to actually do
functions, I will switch back in a heartbeat.