[Diabetes-Talk] Stir frying.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Tue Sep 29 17:15:28 UTC 2020

Hi Alan,

In my opinion, yes, you can absolutely make a home-made stir fry type of dish. I don’t use a wock, just a large skillet and I often get a bag of raw, cleaned shrimp from Trader Joe’s and some of their riced califlower that has a bit of onion, peppers and peas. I also might add a small amount of teriachi sauce that can be high sugar. So I’ll use just a little bit to marinate the shrimp for a few hours before cooking them.

I also use a small amount of a healthy oil like extra virgin olive oil to cook them in. Even then I might add a bit of golden corn (no salt added) or some brown rice. Its really good and my blood sugars are usually good after a meal like that since I have more veggies in the mix than carbs.

HTH.

Eileen