[Diabetes-Talk] Are Blood Glucose Meters Accurate? New Data on 18 Meters | diaTribe

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Sat Feb 6 21:37:57 UTC 2021

Hi everyone.
What amazes me is that even in this study, they just had to be within 15 per
cent, as opposed to 20 in the FDA approval game. I've always been sort of
amused, sort of disgusted that we're so hung up on making things like
insulin pumps that can deliver insulin in .005 increments, allow us to
adjust basals to within the idea of a hair on our head, but all of our
decisions are based on technology that could be off by 20 per cent or more
in either direction. Sometimes it really does kind of feel like we're
playing with technology just for technology's sake and pretending we're
doing something. Obviously, there is no question that we've improved the
quality of life for all of us living with diabetes over the years, thank
goodness. But just once in awhile, I find myself thinking, huh? Certainly
the CGM's aren't perfect either. But we do gain tremendously by having
information more often so things don't get out of hand. Wonder what the
future holds.
Thanks for sharing, Patricia.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407