[Diabetes-Talk] Introduction, Accessible Non Stic Glucometers

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Thu Jan 7 02:04:11 UTC 2021

I agree that it is very disturbing that insurance will not pay for the continuous glucose monitor‘s for people with pre-diabetes or mild diabetes. I had some leftover Dexcom G5 sensors when I started the G6 and let my husband who has mild type two diabetes use them for several weeks. He learned so much about how food and exercise affected his blood sugar and this can really help in making behavioral changes early on before the diabetes progresses further. We did check with our local Costco which is in The state of Washington and they are offering a one month supply of the freestyle 14 day sensors for $60 which might be doable for a lot of people as this is much less expensive than the Dexcom. You can read the results of the blood sugar through an iPhone app and do not have to purchase the separate receiver device. Hope this helps.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone