[Diabetes-Talk] dexcom Cost. Why is it so secret?

gary-melconian gmelconian619 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 21:30:27 UTC 2021

Its  not cheap.to start out of pocket it will cost you about $1500 for the 3
month transmitters  and senssors. After  that  it will cost you roughly
about 700 out of  pocket for rerenewing the sensors and transmitters. I
didid this for a while and so that the out of pocket costs  out weighed the
benfits invivled for the dexcom, compared to alternative which I found by
researching. Libre system has been around t to cheapen that  cost.the libre
system is not even half that  cost. It will be worth it to  wait as libre is
working on low cost full CGM due out  this year don't know when it will be
the   libre 3 .  also the company is working on libre 4 as well.So there  is
lots of competition for the cgm market  and apple and google are also
interested in entering he market as well. So that dexcom needs to  take that
into consideration as price is going to cause them to be eaten alive by the
competitton which will have lower cost solution nath insurance and out of
pocket people will take into consideration before looking at dexcom cgm.
Mostly dexcom cgm is target towards type 1 as that is whati wa told by my
edendo. The alternatives are then targeted towards the type 2 community.
But I don't know this iswhat I have bee ntold and don't have the acurate
facts to bac kwhether x or y cgm system tagets type 1 or type 2.  in due
time the dexcom cgm will be eaten up by the competitors in the market
place, like Abbott,  Medtronic and others who are coming on board.