[Diabetes-Talk] Please advise of an insulin pump

jamielgurganus at gmail.com jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:01:05 UTC 2021

Hi Hope!  Do you have any vision?  Unfortunately, there are no insulin pumps
on the market that are accessible for the blind at this time.  I use the
Medtronic 530G, which is the last of their pumps to have tangible buttons.
They made it available for the blind, but I don't know if they are doing
that now.  I use the Dexcom, but it is not connected to my pump.  Medtronic
has its own CGM incorporated in to their pumps, but none of their pumps can
be unlocked by those of us who are blind.  And, the Dexcom is a better CGM
system in my opinion.  The Tandem uses the Dexcom, but it again is not
accessible for the blind at all.  If you have some vision, then you might be
able to use it.  There are many on this list who are working with pump
companies to push for accessible pumps, but it is not going to happen any
time soon.

				Jamie