[Diabetes-Talk] ios 14.4 and dexcom g6 app

Alyssa Frierson alyssafrierson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 02:58:04 UTC 2021

Hi all,
Last week my dexcom app on my iPhone 6 told me that after May 20 the
app will no longer be supported by IOS12.4 (the highest update
available for iPhone 6, as I understand it). Wanting to get ahead and
upgrade to a new phone, I purchased the iPhone SE2020. I didn't
realize before purchasing that the G6 app won't work with all versions
of IOS 14. Dexcom's website says it works with IOS 14.1 and 14.3; my
SE came with IOS 14.2 installed, and I can update it to IOS 14.4.1.
Has anyone tried using the G6 app with the latest version of IOS? I've
heard mixed things. At the moment, I haven't fully activated my new
phone and can still get CGM readings on my old phone, but obviously I
don't want to do that for much longer. I see a new endo next week and
will talk to them about it (and ask for more test strips so I have
backup since my supply is low right now). I'd rather keep using
dexcom, but is there another CGM that works with iPhone? Does the
Freestyle Libre?
I'd appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, or words of encouragement.
Thank you.

Alyssa