[Diabetes-Talk] Which Meter??

doula.jarboe at gmail.com doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Sat May 22 01:19:15 UTC 2021

Hi  Dave,

     I've been watching the responses to your question.  Just a thought, but
you might be able to get a sample for either the Dexcome or the Libre.  When
I was out of sensors for the Dexcom because of not getting a replacement in
time, my Diabetes educator was able to get me a sample.  That would mean you
would get a transmitter and a sensor for a ten day period.  But, it would
give you that entire time of watching what your sugar does 24/7 which may
give you a better idea of how to overall manage your sugar.  When I started
using the Dexcom, it was a real eye opener to what foods were more likely to
spike my sugar.  As for meters, I use the Accuchek Guide.  I'm an Android
user, but I'm imagining this would also have an App for the Iphone.  The
meter itself doesn't talk unfortunately, and it does take sighted assistance
to set up.  It does have an app it transfers the readings to, and it's a lot
easier to get a sample of blood on the strip to test.  Hope that helps.
Warmly,
Doula