[Diabetes-Talk] re concern about low clubos levels

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Tue Oct 12 02:14:06 UTC 2021

The nice thing about pumps is that you can set temporary basals or if you know ahead of time that you're going to exercise, you can just use a different insulin to carb ratio or plenty of other tricks to control the drop. On the other hand, sometimes my glucose levels go up right after exercise and actually drop many hours later. I don't think I've ever disconnected from a pump except when I was swimming.
But I agree with everyone else who has said that this is a good chat to have with those who know you. Good luck.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com