[Diabetes-Talk] Suggestions for clear liquid diet

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Sun Sep 12 05:27:56 UTC 2021

You might want to check with your endocrinologist/primary care doctor about any necessary adjustments in your medication especially diabetes medication. Surgeons office generally don’t understand diabetes and won’t offer good advice on this issue. My endocrinologist always has me reduce my basal insulin by 35 to 50% prior to procedures requiring me to Crotale or change my eating. It is safer to let the blood sugar run a little higher during this time rather than risking hypoglycemic episodes.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone