[Diabetes-Talk] Omnipod 5

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 20:09:05 UTC 2022

If the Omnipod app is similar to the Tandem and Medtronic apps regarding downloading and setting up it may be difficult to test out the talkback feature prior to actually getting a pump. With both Tandem and Medtronic I was able to download the apps but then I had to actually enter the serial number of an actual pump to proceed through the set up process and therefore be able to check accessibility.  SSo of course I was not able to proceed any further.  I eventually chose to go with the tandem pump but only after meeting with the rep who uses a tandem pump her self. She turned on voiceover and we tested out all the features of the app at my doctors office in a meeting with her.  She is very nice but I had to pressure her very hard to do this testing.
Veronica indicated that there is actually a very limited list of compatible android phones listed on the Insulet website so many android phones will not work.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone