[Diabetes-Talk] ta;king pump

Patricia Maddix pmaddix at comcast.net
Tue May 17 19:34:01 UTC 2022

Jamie,
You are so right and this is a very important point that blind people need the pumps to be totally accessible in all aspects and that giving us the ability to just take a bolus is not adequate.  In fact, right now both the Medtronic pump and the tandem pump have the capabilities to do an audio bolus by using the external button, but this is only one of many procedures that need to be performed on the pump so does not give us independence. We are emphasizing this total accessibility to pump manufactures but we may find that they are able to roll out accessibility features one at a time.
Patricia

Sent from my iPhone